Beautiful Ocean Views from Both Levels and Bedrooms
HOW TO GET HERE
Once you have arrived to Juan Santa Maria international airport near San Jose, there are a few ways you can get to us. Read below and choose which is best for you.
1. Fly- Use my agent sign in info for the local airline- You will get 10% off incoming flights to Puerto Jimenez and 15% off returning flights, plus child rate for kid using the agent login- see below. Children under 12 get 35% off flights (not available on the public airline site). We recommend only Sansa because it is right next door to the international airport. If you opt for the other airline please note that it is NOT at or near the international airport where you arrive. It is at least a 45 min taxi ride (about $50) and if you have to get there for rush hour you will need 2 hours. Please note also that unless your flight arrives in Costa Rica no later than 11:30AM, you will need to stay at a place near the airport for a flight the next day- we have a place we send all our guests affordable & SPOTLESS! And only 10 min form the airport. Flights change seasonally & afternoon flights are not always available so check the flight schedules using the info below. (approx $226 round trip PP)
Sansa Info (use this agent info whether you stay with us or not) Adult tickets sre 10% off to Puerto Jimenez and 15% off the return trip and kids under 12 are 30% off each way.
www.flysansa.com From USA dial 877-767-2672 (On top right call the toll free number for your country). When you get an agent, let them know you are booking with agent name Sombra de la Lapa. Discounts apply ONLY with agent name so remember to give that first thing. Often the public site shows no seats. Agents can have additional flights added if all flighrs are booked.
2. Drive- it is about 6 1/2 hours plus a little more for stopping to see sights, have a bite & bathroom breaks. We recommend that you allow me (Blondie) to reserve a rental car for you. The rates are exactly the same as if you reserved yourself but I call and confirm the month before, the week before & again the day before your arrival. YES- this is definitely necessary! Also there is only ONE car rental with a presence all the way south. if you have car problems and you rent form a company without a presence, you WILL end up waiting for a car replacement- we have had a few guests (at least a few a year) who have lost 2-3 days waiting for a replacement car, never got the car, and had to make alternate arrangements at their own expense (no kidding). I have a working relationship with the car rental agency where they will bring the car right to the hotel where we recommend so you get delivery right to the door. Car rates vary depending on size of vehicle, length of rental & time of year. I make these arrangements for our guests for no additional fees after you have reserved with us.
3.Affordable Private Driver - Be driven down in a comfortable air conditioned van with an English speaking driver. He will stop at the sights, for lunch & bathroom breaks. This is a good option if there are more than 4 in your party as it is much cheaper than flying- but it does take a full day on each end of your vacation. It is a good option if you have the time & want to relax and see more of the country. There is a cooler with cold drinks provided. You are invited to add anything you want for the trip. You can either use taxis once here to get around or rent a car right here- I make those reservations for you at no additional fee. most guests reserve a car but it is not a necessity. taxis are plentiful but are not cheap. So if you are the type who like to get out & explore every day multiple times a day, it is less expensive to rent a car. If you are only going for an excursion once a day, it is generally less expensive to use taxis. We are only 8 miles from town and very close to tours so it is very easy to get around from the reserve. Ask what the current rate is if interested. This is a very affordable way for larger groups between 5-25 people. There are a variety of sizes for vans and for over 12, there is a nice bus- comfortable, no stress & see more of the country. (approx $500 each way for up to 8 people and luggage). It is a new van and even has wifi.
4. Shuttle van- depart only in the early morning from a central meeting area near the airport. Depending on number in your party, you may not all get on one shuttle since there is generally only one a day with 8 seats. You will need to spend a night near the airport to opt for this unless your flight arrives before 7 AM. (approx $65 PP each way and limited to what seats are available- stops to drop off other passengers on the van). You will need to take a taxi from the hotel to where the van meets near the airport. It is not difficult or expensive to do this. firstname.lastname@example.org. I took this for the first time and found there was no AC and they had no plans of repairing it. All 3 vans used had no AC and it was HOT. Unless you are on a tight budget, I don't think this is worth the money. But it is quicker than the public bus.
5. Public bus- unless you are on an extreme budget we don't recommend it. Seats are often oversold with standing room only- travel time is 9-12 hours because they stop EVERYWHERE. You have to go to the bus station in downtown San Jose. Buses are often old & not air conditioned- it is hard to predict- some are nice new buses but others are not. But it is CHEAP! Only about $10 PP each way! if you really want to travel like the locals do, this is the way to go. it is really an experience and most times it is not bad. But if you are coming during a vacation week (Easter, Christmas-the week before, the week of and the week after, and any national holiday), expect to stand and be prepared with snacks & something to drink and a GOOD book!
FYI- once here if you don't want to rent a car or use taxis and are physically fit, we are only 1km from the public bus stop on a well maintained road. It is a nice walk. The bus takes you right into town. It does not go to the tour operators so you will need to use taxis for that. But for trips out to town, it is a great option. We are between 10-20 minutes to almost all tours. We have the only vacation homes this close to town & tours, with full services & conventional electricity. If you are trying to lessen your vacation footprint consider that 90% of the electricity in Costa Rica is generated by hydro & no fossil fuels! Almost all the other vacation homes on Osa operate off of small alternative energy systems- many are not adequate for those who charge cameras, laptops, ipads, phones etc and STILL have cold fridge & fans at night (not kidding)! We use only specified taxis in town as others are not honest people and have been known thieves so PLEASE use only our designated taxi drivers.
On site Hiking Trails and Lagoon Tour. All inclusive packages available with private chef, optional massage & yoga on site too. All Inclusive Vacation Packages ( chef, massage, yoga & reiki. )Osa Peninsula Private Vacation Rentals in Southern Costa Rica, just remodeled, includes new ocean view pool, 2 open living rooms, 2 indoor living room, tiki bar, and 2 outdoor living rooms in private enclave of rainforest and exotic birds and monkeys galore. Most beautiful house rental remodeled into Greek marvel. Outdoor shower, best pool in Costa Rica- indoor/outdoor pool with multiple sit up bars and basket chair where you can hang and skim your feet in the water while holding a cool frosty drink and gazing to the ocean views. . New furnishings, comfy king/queen/twin beds , and - Fibonacci swimming pool ozonizes itself through levitation and offers healing 03, ozone in pure rainforest water from Corcovado National Park.
Osa Springs Vacation Rental on the Osa Peninsula is nestled in the rainforest near quiet beaches of Corcovado National Park. This bright two-level villa is a picture-perfect postcard vision of Costa Rica best vacation near beach, house rental, luxury family vacation home on private rainforest reserve. Greek Island style pool side comfort, ocean view, relax, swim and sophistication awaits you with Costa Rica charm.
The interiors of this renovated Greek inspired house are curvy, bright and breezy. Bold splashes of local art adorn the smooth sculpted walls. On site amenities include- naturalist guide, master chef, massage, Reiki and Yoga,m other spa services too.
Reminiscent of the Greek Islands & located on a PRIVATE 200+ acre WILDLIFE RESERVE, this architectural dream home is your vacation spot! No need to decide if you want a beach or rain forest experience- you get BOTH! And with total privacy - how many places are left in the world where you don't have other guests disturbing your vacation walking by your door/window? The pool never closes! Osa Springs Ocean View Vacation Rental near Puerto Jimenez has a New Pool, 3 Living Rooms, 2 fully furnished kitchens, sleeps up to 12.
- Osa Peninsula Private Vacation Rentals in Southern Costa Rica, just remodeled, includes new ocean view pool, 2 open living rooms, tiki bar, and 2 outdoor living room in private enclave of rainforest and exotic birds and monkeys galore. Most beautiful house rental remodeled into Greek marvel. Outdoor shower, best pool in Costa Rica- indoor/outdoor pool with multiple sit up bars and basket chair where you can hang and skim your feet in the water while holding a cool frosty drink and gazing to the ocean views. . New furnishings, comfy king/queen beds, and new in 2015 - Fibonacci swimming pool ozonizes itself through levitation and offers healing 03, ozone in pure rainforest water from Corcovado National Park.
Try our private Costa Rica Spa with all amenities, only a few kilometers from Corcovado National Park surrounded by forest with great views of Golfo Dulce. Vacation Rentals, private vacations in Costa Rica filled with adventure, hiking, fun eco tours, and dolphin spotting. Great house rental for large families and romantic couples. We are located only 8 miles (13 km) north of Puerto Jimenez, ocean view house for rent in rainforest near private and quiet beaches.Lapa's Song is located in the center of an AMAZING exotic, tropical bird garden, you will be delighted all day with excellent bird watching, wildlife and monkey spotting. Wonderful ocean views and cool breezes. Ocean View Pool is perfect for young and elders alike! You'll be delighted with the Jurassic Park like surroundings and privacy, both on site and close to beach.